Monday, February 1, 2016

Silhouette Challenges #2


What a last few weeks this has been. To make a long story short, a new friend of mine invited me to join the Silhouette Challenges blog as a Design Team Member. Of course this has been a dream of mine so I said yes immediately. I am so honored and excited to be able to be posting for this challenge. The challenges are 'Anything Goes'. You just have to use your Silhouette Machine somehow in the project, and for me, that is almost 100%. I do have some dies but I would rather use my machine, to me its faster. Without further ado, here is my first post as a design team member. Please leave comments and let me know if you liked these projects. And please check out Silhouette Challenges blog, their info is at the end of this post. 


Silhouette Challenges #2





~Love Heart Banner~

For the heart love banner: I un-grouped the heart bag which allowed me to duplicate the heart at the top of the bag. I then resized it to 2 inches wide and another 3 inches wide. I used the font Rounds Black in font pt 95.The cardstock used is from AC Cardstock Bright’s Collection. I used the red and pink. For the word LOVE I used some paper from DCWV.  The banner measures approximately 16” wide  by 3” tall.
Cardstock used: 
Mariposa Stack 12 x 12 Mariposa Stack on Amazon
The Girlhood Stack 8.5 x 11 Girlhood Stack on Amazon



~Hershey Nugget Box~

Hershey nugget box. This file came from the Silhouette Design Store. It’s an easy to put together file that you can mass produce easily for a school or other even you need a few of these. This box holds 5 of the Hershey Nugget candies. I did not have any of those on hand, and did not want to buy a whole bag for 5 pieces. So I filled them with what I had at home and think they still look super cute. You can make 2 boxes (minus the trim pieces) on one 12 x 12 piece of cardstock. Here I used red for the outside and black for the inside part. I did not use the trim pieces included. Instead I just left it plain and glued on some left over hearts that I cut extra from in another project. When you are making many of these, why not keep them simple, right? Silhouette Design Store Shape 68447



~You Ignite My Heart Box Card~


For the cute box card, l I used the design from SVG CUTS Hearts Aflame SVG Kit. For the paper I used AC Cardstock in Spring Collection. I also used the Mariposa Stack as well as The Girlhood Stack both from DCWV. I just really like this design. I ended up cutting multiple hearts out of this kit in different papers so that I could use them later in other projects. I figured its Valentine’s Day in the next few weeks, I am sure I will be needing some more hearts for something. This card measures 3” wide by 5” high and 2.75” deep. When folded the card measure approximately 5.5” by 5”.



~Heart Gift Bag~



For the Heart Gift Bag. I believe that was a free Silhouette file that came with my machine from what I can find. I cannot find it located on the Silhouette Design Store and it is not listed in my account. But from searching the net others have noted it to be a free file that comes with the machine. I just cut that out using you got it, AC Cardstock. And then glued some left over hearts from my box card. This measures approximately 5” tall by 2.75” wide and 1.25” deep.



~Valentine Owl~


I have been wanting to make this owl ever since I purchased the SVG CUTS Enchanted Autumn Kit a year ago. I thought it was going to be intimidating, but I should have known better, because Mary over at SVG Cuts makes her kits look detailed but are quite easy to put together. I decided again since Valentine’s Day was right around the corner this owl would be cute in pinks. So I gathered my AC Cardstock as well as DCWV Girlhood and Mariposa.  The owl measures approximately 5” by 7” by 5”. 
  


~Slider Card~


For the slide card. This is one that I designed on my own. I have seen some cards like this, but all required metal dies to accomplish. I am ok with using metal dies, don’t get me wrong, all crafty things make me happy, but I wanted to be able to use my Silhouette Machine. So I thought about this for a long time and finally came up with a design that worked. The concept is as the card is opened, the heart on the inside of the card moves to the left, revealing the sentiment on the inside. It’s a rather easy concept once you figure it out. This card is quite versatile as if you choose to change out the heart and the word love, you can adapt it to fit almost any theme or holiday. Again the paper I used was from AC Cardstock and DCWC Girlhood. This card is 7” tall by 5” wide when closed, and when fully open measures 7” tall by 10” wide.

Thank you for stopping by. I really hope you enjoyed my projects as much as I did making them!


Challenge #2
Starts Feb. 1, 2016
Ends Feb. 29, 2016
Click HERE to link up!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

18 comments:

  1. Well my friend let me start the first comment with a WOW! You did an awesome job, I love all your creations, the owl is beautiful and everything else are fab ... the slider card is a great own design. Welcome to the Design Team 👍🏻😄🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki. Thank you for all your support, it is very much appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Great party, Mike! Love the added matches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful party decorations, Mike.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful designs Mike. I love all of your work....these designs capture the true essence of Valentines Day....Can't wait to see what the next challenge brings....you will nail it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike they are just so beautiful! I must say the OWL was my favorite!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Mike you have created a party full of goodies here. Love all your projects and that OWL is ADORABLE!!!
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you certainly went all out Mike...Loving all your designs and projects! Can't decide which one is my favorite!!! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow great projects, they are all fab but I particularly love that cute owl. Thank you for joining in this weeks CCT challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on these projects TFS Craft Rocket HAPPY VALENTINE Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. These projects are too cute and each one fun to look at. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these projects are all fantastic! I especially love the owl and the box card! You entered our challenge but didn't link back to us, so please edit post and link back to us in order to be eligible for the weekly prize. Thanks for playing with us in our FFC over at Jo's Scrap Shack! Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Jo - Owner
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creations. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday.

    ReplyDelete