Monday, February 29, 2016

Silhouette Challenges #35 - Using Free Designs and Free Digital Paper

Hello Friends!

Thank you for stopping by to see March DT Challenge #35 for Silhouette Challenges.

I see so many projects with lot's of bling and embellishments and they look amazing. But let's face it sometimes we are on a budget and those things cost money. So as I sat and thought about what I was going to do for my March Challenge, I thought about holidays and themes. To some themes would just be holiday. But to me it's different. So for the holiday I chose Easter (which is early, March 27th) and for the theme I chose FREE. So the files below were all created using free files that I received online. I also used free digital patterns that I used to print the patterns on the paper. In all of the projects I used plain white or colored cardstock and printed out the pattern or design onto the paper.

Please enjoy the projects I created for you. I had a lot of fun designing them!





Easter Bunny Gift Bag



This cute little guy here was found for free on SVG CUTS. I would really recommend you check out this file but also SVG CUTS' entire site. They really have set the bar for 3D crafting. Easter Bunny Gift Bag.  I used plain tan cardstock and used an ink pad to darken the edges to give him, or her, some more definition. For the pink feet, ears and nose, I used some glue and loose glitter. For the eyes, mouth and whiskers I used my gel pens in white and black. After I was finished putting this together and the picture had been taken, I thought I should have glued on a white cotton ball for a tail. Next time for sure!


Birdhouse



This was a file that I received for free from the Silhouette Design Store last year. It was a free file of the week. Each week Silhouette Design Store offers a free file. Let me say that I glued, pulled apart, glued and pulled apart 5 times. There was a point I thought the paper was so messed up I would have to trash it. I finally was able to get it semi put together but had a huge gap at the bottom. That is where the solid strip of paper at the bottom came in. I cut that to hide that gap. Since most of the files from that site do not come with instruction (Some designers do have links to instructions) I had no way of knowing how it was supposed to go together. All in all I think it finally came together nicely. If you are interested in this file here is a link to the Birdhouse. All of the cardstock on this birdhouse was white and I used the digital patterned paper I printed that I found free here Best Free Scrapbooks, with the exception of the border on the bottom. That was regular colored cardstock.


Easter Baskets



For these Easter Baskets I received the free file from My Graphico. These were really easy and quick to put together and think that this would make a great project to give to many people, as you can mass produce quickly. Again all the paper I used was white and I printed the patterns with the digital papers I found for free on Best Free Scrapbooks.

I really hope you enjoyed my projects for the March DT Challenge #35.

Be sure to check out Silhouette Challenges as we would love to see what you have created. Details on how to link up your projects can be found by clicking the link below. 


Challenge#35
Starts March 1, 2016
Ends March. 31, 2016
Click HERE to link up!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike
DezinesbyEM
DezinesbyEM@gmail.com

21 comments:

  1. Mike this is truly one adorable trio of cuties ever. I love the bunny, the basket and bird house. The papers used are perfect for a spring time look. Love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
    ♥ Sunny Day Crafting ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike this is truly one adorable trio of cuties ever. I love the bunny, the basket and bird house. The papers used are perfect for a spring time look. Love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
    ♥ Sunny Day Crafting ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Easter baskets!!! DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing, Mike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the happy projects you made Mike! Everyone is doing Easter. I haven't even gotten to St. Patrick's day! When is that anyways ;)


    Hugs Sonja
    ♥ Sugar Beans Cards ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous projects, I love the bunny gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous post Mike - I love the project choices and the patterns are fab, I especially love the birdhouse roof :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects, Mike!
    DT sister, Janis

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORABLE projects, Mike. Anything that is 3D or used wood are my favorite kinds of projects.

    Sue - DT Sister
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Free is good!!! Great projects, love how you used digi papers too! Lots of fun to be had here today! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh these are all adorable Mike!!!! I especially LOVE the cute Easter bunny bag! You did a beautiful job on these projects! Love those cute digi papers!!
    And can you please email me? I want to talk to you please. Thanks! Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥
    joann6274@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete