Saturday, February 6, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Project


Happy St. Patrick's Day Project



This design I got over at Dreaming Tree is one of my favorites. I have made this into a Christmas slot machine and could not wait to make it for another season or holiday. So I was really excited when I thought of making it for St. Patrick's Day. This is perfect for a slot machine since they both relate to money, pot of gold etc. (Prior Christmas Project is here: Christmas Slot Machine


Like I said, I got the design over at Dreaming Tree here: Dreaming Tree Vegas Road Trip Bundle
I headed over to Joann's and picked up some Coordinations green card stock. I have used this before but in pre-packed bundles. Not my favorite. BUT this time I purchased the loose open stock. Wow it cut so nice. I was really amazed. Plus this week Joann's has 50% off all paper. I also purchased some loose St. Patrick's Day patterned paper. Going down the sticker section I found really cool 3d stickers to add as well as some perfect green gems to decorate the 'Lucky' border. I had a pack of Heidi Swap glitter paper I used for the main border to give it some extra shine.

For the slot machine icons, I pulled the file into Photoshop like I did for the Christmas Slot Machine and added some graphics I found online. To jazz them up a bit I took my Versamarker pen and went over the images. Since these were just print out on my inkjet printer they did smudge ever so slightly. But I just wiped the marker off on a scrap piece of paper before moving on to the next one as to not contaminate all the icons. I then used some Sparkle Embossing Powder from Hero Arts and heat it with my heat gun.

I am really happy with the way it turned out. Please check out Dreaming Tree as they have amazing designs and the best customer service! 

10 comments:

  1. This is fun Mike...perfect for St. Paddy's Day! Love that winning combo of 3 top hats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab! Love the sparkle! Now I need to check out your Christmas project ... Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool Mike I love how you switched it out to be two Holidays.
    You could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes FEBRUARY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike this is awesome! I love the creativity you put into this project. And to answer your post from my blog, yes.... men and women alike can join my DT Call. :)
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTABULOUS project! Impressive! :)
    Thanks for sharing it over at 2 Creative Chicks!

    ReplyDelete