Saturday, April 30, 2016

Gatefold Shutter Card


Hello Friends!

Welcome to the month of May and welcome to my Silhouette Challenges #37 post.

One of the things I like to do is watch cardmaking videos on Youtube. Recently I came across a gatefold shutter card and had to re-create that into SVG format, to be able to use my Silhouette Cameo. The original designer is Sandi MacIver. After watching her video I knew I wanted to make it, and then thought I would also want to share it with my crafty friends. I emailed Sandi and asked her if I could re-create this card into an SVG and share it. She responded and gave her approval, so I am really happy to be able to share this with you. You really need to check out Sandi's blog. It is filled with lots of great cards. Here is a link to the gatefold shutter card. There you will also find a link to her Youtube video on the instructions for this card. http://stampinwithsandi.com/gatefold-shutter-card-tutorial/


What makes this card unique is as you open the card, the inside sentiment is revealed slowly as you open it. It is supposed to resemble the shutter of a camera. That is where the shutter part comes from. As you close the card, the sentiment disappears. I just really like cards that "do something". It gives that extra special element in my opinion. The paper used for the card base is American Crafts cardstock neutrals black. For the designer paper I used Olivia's Sweet Shop.



When the card is closed, it is held shut by a belly band. I left mine rather simple, but you can embellish and go all out. Sandi actually had balloons and a Happy Birthday sentiment on her belly band that looks really cute!


As I said, I created this into an SVG file from Sandi's dimensions. I am sharing this file with you. Please note this is for personal use only. And again I am not the original designer of this card. Thank you Sandi MacIver for allowing me to share your design here! Visit Sandi's blog: http://stampinwithsandi.com/

Gatefold shutter card SVG.


***Thanks for stopping by. I would really like this blog to grow. If I can grow my subscribers I will be able to offer more free files, contests, give-away's etc. Please tell your friends about this blog! There are social media links right before the comment section (like us on Facebook, Pin this on Pinterest, let people know via Twitter), there are links to subscribe to my newsletter on the right hand side of this page, as well as a link to follow along on Bloglovin. Leave me comments on what you would like to see, and where you found out about my blog. I really appreciate all the support. :)

Please make sure you link up at Silhouette Challenges!


Challenge#37
Starts May. 1, 2016
Ends May. 31, 2016

26 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Mike. Love the cupcake paper and how it pops with the back. Great fold.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
    ♥ Sunny Day Crafting ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Mike. Love the cupcake paper and how it pops with the back. Great fold.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
    ♥ Sunny Day Crafting ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the papers and your very creative fold.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for creating this awesome card for all us. I'm very appreciative and can't wait to recreate this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Mellisa. I would love to see your finished project. :)

      Delete
  5. Great job on recreating this card Mike - I love the cupcakes patten you used 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! I really like this collection. It has all sorts of food and kitchen things.

      Delete
  6. Very nice work Mike - big thanks for creating and sharing the svg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan and you're welcome. I hope to do more of converting to SVG soon!

      Delete
  7. love the card. Can this be used in Cricut DS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie, thank you! Yes, you can use this SVG in Cricut Design Space. Just upload the files as vector uploads.

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our Challenge.
    I hope you can join us again for our next Challenge.
    Angie DT
    Jo’s Scrap Shack

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet cards. Thank you for Joining us over at Jo's Scrap Shack for Funday Friday Challenges

    Amanda DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely gatefold card, those cupcakes look good enough to eat. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice :)
    Thank you for joining us at inspiration destination.
    Greetings Geesje

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! Have seen this type of card before and was wanting to give it a go. You've made it that much easier. Thanks Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card. Love the gatefold and the papers you chose. Thank you for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack this week. AJ DT JSS

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great card Mike. Love the gatefold and the cupcake paper. Thanks for playing along with us at Artistic Inspirations and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo . . this is very cool! I haven't seen one like this before; so fun!! Thanks for the inspiration, I'm going to go check out the original card. Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun card! I love it. Thanks so much for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional no design paper” challenge over at Creatalicious. To be eligible for the prize draw you need to link back to our challenge blog though...
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Come and Get It)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete