Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Butterfly Boxes


Welcome back Friends!

This is my contribution as a Guest Designer over at The Cutting Cafe. The challenge was:

SUPER SIZE IT!



I chose the Butterfly Treat Box's from The Cutting Cafe. I thought it would be fun to keep one part of the kit small while supersizing another object. So I kept the Butterfly Trio at the original size and enlarged the Single Butterfly 200%. In the above photo you can see the Single Butterfly is HUGE compared to the 2 Butterfly Trio boxes in front.  


For the large butterfly box I knew I had to use my pack of Natural Luxury 12x12 stack by Craft Smith.  I really like how the paper has shiny golden pieces within the matte black cardstock. I thought this would be perfect for the larger box. For the body of the butterfly I used a 6x6 Recollections pack I had for Halloween. It had the perfect gold paper. I finished the body off with some rhinestones I had in my stash. The original butterfly had the antenna separate, but I went in and welded the 2. Thought it would be easier, as I know I would have lost the small piece. (*Tip: when I normally have tiny pieces, I usually cut several. They usually fit on the paper as they are small and don't take any more time to cut out. And if I lose 1, there are a few extra's!)


For the Butterfly Trio. I used the same paper collection, Natural Luxury by Craft Smith. That paper pack comes with some really awesome nature pages. For the body of the butterfly I used the same Recollections pack as it had a gold glitter that worked perfectly. Again I welded the antenna with the body. After I glued them together, I bent the wings forward to give them more depth and dimension.

The normal sized box would be great to put treats or a few cookies in it. The larger one can actually hold a small but light weight gift. The kit also comes with handles if you wanted to make them into a basket, but for this project I did not use the handles. 

Well, I really hope you enjoyed seeing these projects. I also had a great month as a Guest Designer for Regina at The Cutting Cafe. Please leave me some comments and feedback as I love hearing from you, and try to respond to all comments left. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike Fernholz
DezinesbyEM



6 comments:

  1. I AM IN AWE WITH THIS PROJECT....total favorite...love it to pieces...thanks for being a wonderful guest designer...i am going to miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Regina! I had a great time, and LOVED using your amazing files!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Great job! It has been fun having you be a guest designer.

    ReplyDelete