Wednesday, July 6, 2016

You Color My World

Hi Everyone,

Welcome back to my blog. I am really excited, as for this month, I am a guest designer for The Cutting Cafe.  If you aren't familiar with this site, I would suggest checking it out. It has a lot, and I do mean a lot of cutting files, as well as clear stamp and crafting supplies.

There will be 2 posts this month as the guest designer. This post, which the challenge was to create something from the You Color My World Digital Stamp Set, and then another post on July 21st. So please make sure you come back to see the second post!

This is an awesome set. I chose to use the "Large Colored No Red" file that came in the set. The set comes with about 10 digital stamps, both colored and in black and white, as well as sentiments. I decided I wanted to make a card.  I started with a basic card I had in my Silhouette Studio and thought a paint brush and pallet would fit right in with this design. I found a paint brush and pallet cutting file from My Graphic Fairy, and it's a free file!  I also wanted to do something else with the original design, so I traced several of the swirls from the design, and had my Silhouette Cameo cut them out. I only ended up using 3 as you will see in the final card.


For all of the cardstock I used AC Cardstock. For the card base, the swirls and the paint spatters, I used the Pastels Pack, and for the black and tan pieces I used the Variety Pack

When I assembled the card I used foam squares to give the swirls some dimension, as well as the paint brush and pallet.  I went over the swirls and the paint splatters with a Wink of Stella, Clear Glitter Brush. You can barely see it shine in the photo, but in person it really glitters!


I finished the front of the card with a few buttons from my stash and some silver cording I tied to one of the buttons. For the inside of the card, I wanted to keep it simple. Like I said, in the set there are sentiments. I used the You Color My World sentiment. I thought it would look cute inside a paint splatter. So I went online and found a free image and used Silhouette Studio to trace the image. I printed the sentiment onto my cardstock and then had my machine cut it out. 





Well my friends, that is my project for today. Again, please stop by The Cutting Cafe and tell them Mike sent you! And please be sure to come back for my next project on July 21st!


Thanks for stopping by!
Mike Fernholz
DezinesbyEM

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on being guest designer Mike!
    Your card turned out great - I love the added wink of Stella to make it shine - I'm going to have to try it now ... Lol.
    Great project and can't wait to see your follow up one too.
    *Vicki*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki! I really appreciate you stopping by and the feedback. :)
    Mike
    DezinesbyEM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the glitter in some pieces of your card as well as the beautiful inside-message! Congratulations on being the guest designer!
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome design! Love the extra glitter and love the painters pallet! So happy to have you guesting with us at The Cutting Cafe! Can't wait to see your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on this project! Super cool card :0)

    ReplyDelete