Friday, August 19, 2016

It's back to school!

Welcome back Friends!

Sorry it's been a month since I have posted. With Summer and vacations and life, I haven't had time to sit and craft anything. But that is changing.....

A couple month's ago I applied to be a guest designer for The Cutting Cafe. Although at the time I did not get a permanent spot, I was offered a guest designer spot for the month of July. A few weeks ago, Regina from The Cutting Cafe contacted me and asked if I would like to be a permanent designer. Of course I said YES!! So that brings me to this post. The post for today is based on Back to School, so I chose to use the Pencil and Apple shaped cards.





For the apple, I used AC Cardstock for the base. For the apple patterned paper I went over to Joann's and got some loose paper. I have been playing with creating my own digital paper, and actually designed one I was going to use. But I have issues with finding the right weight of paper that prints well, and also cuts well. So I opted for store bought. I may make these digital papers available sometime soon. I finished off the design with some buttons and I wrapped some twine around the stem. 



For the pencil shaped card, I again used AC Cardstock for the base. I purchased the yellow polka dot paper at Joann's. I really liked this paper. It is so vibrant in person. And it cut like 'buttah'. For the rest of the pieces I used scraps from my scrap stash. I never throw out any paper. You never know when you are going to need the smallest piece for a project. I finished this pencil off with some bakers twine, yellow buttons and 3 black gems. 

Well I think that about wraps 'sums it up' (sorry got school on my mind) it up for August. I do have another project already completed for my September 7th post. 


Thanks for stopping by!
Mike Fernholz
DezinesbyEM

13 comments:

  1. Love both the apple and the pencil Mike - fab paper choice too. Congrats on your DT position with The Cutting Cafe!
    Sending my comment from Punta Cana today ☀️🍹😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Mike! Great school creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mike mike mike...i am soooooooo glad you are a regular now...your work is AWESOME....welcome to the FOREVER TEAM....hahahaha...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Mike on your new position. Both the apple and pencil box turned out awesome. Love them both.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ MCC Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are part of the team. Great job on your project and you are on the ball with our next challenge already having it done early!

    I don't know what AC paper is, but I print on and cut with Georgia Pacific cardstock in the ream from Walmart and it goes thru the printer and cuts perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AC is American Crafts. I love the paper, it cuts really nice and is great to make 3d projects as its really sturdy. I will have to check out Georgia Pacific. I have a new printer that is not a rear feeder and I am finding it doesn't like cardstock very much. My rear feeder did a pretty good job but died. I didn't realize when I bought this one, I would have issues with thicker paper. Thank you Debbie, glad to be on the team :)

      Delete
  6. How adorable they are. Love each of them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! Love the twine around your apple stem! And welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete