Thursday, October 20, 2016

Think Pink


October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. For my The Cutting Cafe Design Team post for October 21st, I am using the Think Pink Breast Cancer Set.


I took the pink ribbon and cut out several, then glued 6 of them together to make a really thick ribbon. I used Ranger Distress Glitter, Spun Sugar on top. Basically you just put glue all over the ribbon and then sprinkle on the glitter. Once dried I followed up with some Glossy Accents to seal it and make it even more shiny. 

I thought it would be cool to have the inside of the card somehow tie into the front of the card. So I decided to make a donut card (circle with the middle cut out). That way I could glue the ribbon on the inside of the card, but it would also be the focal point on the outside. 

The outside of the card was a print and cut. I glued that onto the card base I made. 

When you open the card it reveals the Breast Cancer Awareness text with the ribbon perfectly in the center. Again I did a print and cut that I layered onto the card base. 
From the picture below you can see the dimension of the ribbon. It really looks amazing in person. 


This was a really quick card to assemble. And I think looks even better in person. 
Please check out The Cutting Cafe for more great files!


Thanks again for stopping by!
Mike Fernholz
DezinesbyEM

















2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful mike and i do love how you added the inside ribbon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great card Mike. I love the sparkly inside ribbon and the text around it! Great project.

    ReplyDelete