Sunday, February 5, 2017

Tootsie Pop Holder

Hi Everyone,

Today I wanted to share a fun, quick project I did the other day. I downloaded this FREE file from Dreaming Tree. Each holder uses only 3 elements. The base, the heart and the cupid. It really is a quick file that you can mass produce and would be great for your kid's school. You can fit 5 bases on a 12x12 sheet of paper, you can fit 16 hearts on a 12x12 and you can get 16 cupids on another. So for 5 sheets of paper you can make 15 Tootsie Pop Holders. (5 bases on 3 sheets=15)



I inked the edges up a bit on the base using a pink ink pad. For the heart on the left I used a brownish orange ink (sorry can't remember the name).  The red heart was plain red cardstock that I ran through the Cuttlebug embossing machine and then used the pink ink pad to give the raised portion as well as the edges some color. 

For the bow. That was the hardest part for me. I don't do well with bows. I had a bunch of $1 ribbon I picked up at Target in the dollar spot. The length was perfect for each bow. I went on Youtube and found out how to make bows using your fingers. It only took a couple tries and then had a few bows I found acceptable. 

I put the lollipops inside and then used pop-dots to secure the bows. Overall I think they came out pretty nice. Best part was again, the file was free and I had all the supplies on hand, even the pops, to make a few of these. 

Please make sure you check out Dreaming Tree. They have many free files, and even more amazing 3D masterpieces. The customer service is above and beyond and the tutorials they supply for each project is priceless. 

Thanks again for stopping by!
Mike Fernholz
DezinesbyEM

No comments:

Post a Comment