Saturday, November 19, 2016

Christmas Treat Card

Hello Everyone and welcome back to my blog.

For today's project I am using the Card Ornament card from The Cutting Cafe's Christmas Treat Cup Cards set. This is a great set as it comes with templates to make treat cups in the shapes of ornaments, Christmas tree's, snow globes and several others. There are a total of 7 different files that you can purchase as a set or separately.

If you haven't seen the treat cup's before, they are really fun! Basically they are a way to give a small treat while also giving a card or other project you choose. You simply fill the candy from the back and the recipient can easily retrieve the treat without destroying the card.


I used some left over holiday paper I have had in my stash for the patterned paper, and I used AC Cardstock for the card base, as AC is a great weight paper. I used to have trouble in the past with acetate, but I ordered some plastic window sheets from Amazon that seemed to work great along with Zig 2 way glue pen.

To finish off the card I stamped Versamark ink with a snowflake stamp and used red glitter embossing powder to add some random red to the green patterned paper. For the candy I used some red Tic Tac's I picked up at Target.

Please let me know what you think of this card, and I love to hear all your feedback and comments. Happy Holidays to you and your family.


Thanks again for stopping by!
Mike Fernholz
DezinesbyEM

1 comment:

  1. wow Mike what a fun treat cup card...that is awesome paper to...i love it

    ReplyDelete